- Not sure
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Jun 2008
- Affinity to the BKWSU: Supreme Spiritual Surgery
- Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have some questions to ask current and ex-members of BK.
I have a couple of small questions for you.
Can anyone give an estimate for the current UK membership of Brahma Kumaris?
Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?
If anyone can spare a moment to answer, I'd be very grateful.
- fluffy bunny
- Posts: 5365
- Joined: 07 Apr 2006
- Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
- Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.
There is a copy of the teachers training manual from the 1990s on this site, - here. That basically tells you what the BKWSU tells, or told, its followers to teach.researcher55 wrote:Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?
There is a low resolution version of the old "7 Day Correspondence Course" here. This dates to the 1980s when they still taught the "pure" 7 Day Course with no soft sell preludes. It was given to us to study and teach the 7 Day Course. I think someone is also sharing a slightly revised one from the 90s.
Sorry, I have been out for a while and do not know what the current state of art is. There appears to be a load of different "soft", short courses up front to allow the Brahma Kumaris to "take the pulse" of the would be initiate. I do not know how/when the transition to the full on 7 Days and would appreciate an update from someone else too. I guess in India they still do the traditional "bhatti" (furnace).
Check back in a few days ... your wish is our command.
- Posts: 11593
- Joined: 01 May 2006
- Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
- Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.
- Location: India
Dear brother/sister,researcher55 wrote:Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?
Om Shanti and welcome to the forum. Apart from the source that ex-l has referred, you can also go through the following link for the official version of the BKWSU on the seven days course:
As your name suggests, I hope you will share your research with all of us here. :D
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests